Adding a Facebook Pixel to Mobilize allows you to create targeted and more effective Facebook ads based on actions your supporters have taken on your Mobilize feed, and helps ensure your ads are reaching the most relevant people.
The Facebook Pixel also provides you with useful insights about who is visiting your feed and event pages, including traffic over time, visits from new users, and key demographic information.
How it works
1. In order to use a Facebook Pixel you first need to create a free Facebook Business account. Each account comes with a unique Facebook Pixel ID. You can copy and paste this ID into the settings tab of your Mobilize dashboard in order to start collecting data:
2. When a supporter views your Mobilize feed, registers for an event, or fills out your lead form, information about those interactions or "events" will be shared securely to your Facebook Business account.
In addition to Facebook's standard Page View events (which will track visits to feed pages and individual event pages), Mobilize sends Facebook a "Registration Created" event whenever a supporter signs up for a shift, and a "Lead" event whenever someone submits a hot lead form.
3. In your Facebook Business account, create a "custom audience", or the group of people that you want to see your ad. Because information about supporters' interactions with your Mobilize feed has been captured by the Facebook Pixel, you can use those specific interactions as criteria for which of your supporters should be in the audience.
Here are examples of custom audiences that could be created using Mobilize interactions in your audience criteria:
- "People who have registered for events in the last 7 days" (shown above)
- "People who have viewed my events feed but did not sign up for an event"
- "People who visited a specific event page and who came from a social media platform"
- "People who have signed up for more than 1 event (but fewer than 5) in the last 90 days"
4. Finally, using your Facebook business account, you can create an advertisement for your campaign or event, and target it to the custom audience(s) you created. Learn more about buying and creating ads at Facebook Business.
💡TIP: Facebook audiences can also be configured to include people who Facebook thinks might be similar to people who have visited or taken action on your Mobilize pages, called "lookalikes". This can be helpful for recruiting new supporters!
For more information on advertising for campaigns and political causes on Facebook, click here.
Key Words: track, follow, shift, volunteer, facebook, pixel, advertise, advertising, utm, analytics