Using an integration between BSD and MobilizeAmerica allows you to perform distributed sends, where the closest Mobilize event is populated in the email based on the email recipient's zip code. This is a great option for national organizations who want to recruit volunteers for events closest to them.
Please note that Mobilize does not sync signups to BSD, but the events sync will allow you to recruit for events using BSD's email tools, and any signups to those events will be stored in Mobilize.
What’s needed to set up the BSD Integration?
The Mobilize-to-BSD Integration can be set up simply by providing us with information from your BSD account, and you'll need to confirm or update a few of your BSD settings. We've created an easy checklist below:
1. BSD API ID & BSD API secret
Both the API ID and secret can be found in your BSD account by selecting “Advanced configuration” from the main dropdown, then choosing “New API user” or copying and pasting them from an existing MobilizeAmerica user. You will need to assign the user all permissions under api_event_frontend and api_event.
2. Event creator constituent id – A constituent ID you want to use as the creator of your events. This is not tied to the event in Mobilize, but is needed as a data point for its creation. Any valid constituent ID will work. You can find ID through the BSD Constituent Search tool, on the results page of a search.
3. The base url of your BSD instance – This would be the URL you access your BSD Tools through, for example:
4. The BSD event type ID for each of the following Mobilize Event Types:
The event type ID can be found by clicking to edit the event type in BSD (Quick Links: Events Search -> Event types). The ID will then appear at the end of the URL. e.g. https://slug.cp.bsd.net/modules/event2/admin/event_type_edit.php?event_type_id=1
IMPORTANT: Make sure all of your event types allow for multiple shifts and multiple dates in BSD -- This is an "Advanced" setting. If it is not visible, you will need to submit a request to Blue State Digital Help to enable it.
Debate Watch Party
5. Would you like to sync promoted events? – It's optional to sync events your organization has promoted. Let us know yes/no if you'd like to sync promoted events.
6. IMPORTANT: Have you checked that your BSD settings meet the following requirements?
All of your BSD event types should allow multiple shifts and multiple dates in BSD -- This is an "Advanced" setting. If it is not visible, you will need to submit a request to Blue State Digital Help to enable it.
BSD should be configured so that the contact details are NOT required for events. This is because the event contact phone, name, and email will be suppressed for promoted events. Skip this if you don't need to sync promoted events.
Additional information about the MobilizeAmerica BSD sync
The Mobilize signup link is added to the description field on the event in BSD (the description contains only the link). Use this to add your Mobilize signup page links to your recruitment emails.