This article will teach you, when you send volunteers a link to an event, how to pre-fill volunteer information in the signup box to streamline the signup process.
How to set up:
- Navigate to your public events feed. This should be a link that looks like this: mobilize.us/yourslug
- Click on the event you want to share with volunteers, then copy the link from your browser. The link should be in a format that looks like this:
3. Pre-filling first and last name: Add ?first_name=a&last_name=b to the end of your link. Replace a with your volunteer's first name and b with your volunteer's last name.
For example, sending the link [mobilize.us/obama4congress/event/26632/?first_name=Barack&last_name=Obama]
will show my volunteer an event page where their first and last name, Barack Obama, is already entered in the signup form.
5. Pre-filling phone number: Add ?phone=1234567890 to the end of your link. Replace 1234567890 with your volunteer's 10-digit phone number (e.g. incl. area code).
6. Pre-filling zip codes: Add ?zip=12345 to the end of your link. Replace 12345 with your volunteer's 5-digit zip code.
IMPORTANT: If you want to pre-fill multiple pieces of information (e.g. first/last name, email, and zip code) to an event link, you'll need to change the '?' from Steps 3-6 to '&' each time you add criteria. Your links should follow the syntax below in bold:
Adding only one criteria: mobilize.us/obama4congress/event/26632/?first_name=a&last_name=b
Adding multiple criteria:
7. You can now send your link via email or SMS to volunteers and direct them to an event page where their information is already filled in, allowing them to sign up for events with just one click.
Want to learn more? Here's how you can direct volunteers to a pre-filtered version of your events feed so they only see certain event types, events in a zip code or state, on a specific date / date range, or from a certain organization.