Thank you for hosting an event!
This article will explain how to use the Mobilize Messaging tool to contact your event attendees, and is meant for those people that have already created their first event, and logged into the Dashboard.
NOTE: We will still send our automated emails/SMS confirms and post-shift surveys to event attendees -- so you can focus on building relationships and sending updates. Read more about when these automated notifications go out, so you can plan your messages around them.
Now that you have an event created and approved with volunteers are signing up, you can use Mobilize Messaging to contact event attendees via email -- right from the event dashboard! Using Mobilize Messaging to reach out to your attendees saves time and simplifies your event management process.
Here are some ways you can use Mobilize Messaging to most effectively manage your events and re-engage your volunteers:
- Before your event, introduce yourself to your Registered and Confirmed signups, and tell them why you are supporting the campaign or organization and what they can expect at the event. Use this as an opportunity to build a relationship with your volunteers before the event to make them more comfortable and excited -- which can help reduce flake rate!
- If you have any updates you need to share beforehand, send your Registered and Confirmed signups to the relevant shift time a message.
- After your event, send a message to your volunteers who Completed the event. Sending a 'Thank You' and an ask to come to your next event (include the link if your event is already live!) is a great way to keep your volunteers engaged.
- Once your next event is approved, send a message to volunteers of your past event(s) who either had a Completed, No-show, Canceled, or Unknown status, with a link to your event and ask them to join (and don’t forget to ask them to bring their friends!)
- Mobilize has an automated confirmation process for all events, however, using Mobilize Messaging to add a personal touch to the confirmation process two days before is a great way to keep folks excited to attend your event.
Mobilize Messaging sends emails from the event host to the event attendees
- Hosts can send an email to attendees of any event they own
- Recipients can respond to the email to respond to the sender only (host)
- Hosts will also get a receipt email of what they sent
Emails can be sent from either the event details or the shift details pages of your Mobilize event.
When sending emails from the event details page, Hosts have the option to send to all past shift times or all upcoming shift times only.
- Note that in some cases, if there is a shift that is currently in progress, the audience optionality changes from all past shift times to all past and current shift times
- Additionally, If a volunteer is scheduled for more than one shift time (in the time criteria chosen), they will only get one email
Emails that are sent from the shift details page will be limited to only attendees of that shift.
Hosts can define the statuses of who should get the email, as well as the subject line and body. Users can utilize markdown to make stylistic changes to these emails. Hosts will also see how many people an email will go out to before clicking the send button.
- If sending to people in the past, Hosts can choose attendance statuses only: ‘no-show’, ‘completed’, ‘canceled’, ‘status unknown’
- If sending to people in the future, Hosts can choose registration statuses only: ‘registered’, ‘confirmed’, ‘canceled’