- Adding event suggestions to the bottom of event pages – To help supporters discover virtual events more easily, we are adding event suggestions to the bottom of event pages. This will include any high-priority events set by your organization, followed by virtual shifted events (“do from anywhere”), then flexible virtual events (“do any time”).
Tuesday, April 7, 2020
- Organizers can now add event accessibility details to all virtual events, and these details will be shown to supporters on signup pages. Previously event accessibility details were only able to be added to to in-person and supporter-led events. Help text will guide organizers to provide digital-specific accommodation information if the event is virtual.
Monday, April 6, 2020
- Events CSV exports now indicate whether an event is virtual and include the virtual action URL for flexible virtual events.
- Organizers now have the option to disable scheduling sign ups in advance on flexible virtual events. This is ideal for always-on or "evergreen" actions that take the supporter less time than a phonebanking or texting shift, or where the action can be completed simply by signing up (e.g. interest or signature gathering).
- Virtual events with locations – Building on the update from Thursday, March 26, locations can now be added to flexible virtual events as well as to shifted virtual events, so that virtual actions that redirect the user to another website or tool can also be promoted and highlighted to volunteers within a specific area. Find out more
Thursday, March 26, 2020
- Virtual events with locations – Locations can now be added to shifted virtual events to ensure that they automatically appear higher in your feed for local supporters, and can be promoted by organizations who only promote events in certain locations. Virtual events without a location will continue to be displayed to all supporters as an action they can take from anywhere. Find out more
- Supporter-hosted virtual events – For organizations with Distributed Organizing, hosts will now see an option to create a virtual event when submitting an event through your Host an Event forms. Supporters who choose the virtual option will still be asked for a location so that the event can be tied to their local community and shown on your feed to nearby supporters. Find out more
Wednesday, March 25, 2020
- The option to send volunteers a post-shift survey one hour after they take an action is now available for “flexible” virtual actions. Previously this was only available for shifted actions.
Tuesday, March 24, 2020
- Added a virtual events filter to the dashboard events list to let dashboard users quickly find their organization’s virtual events
Monday, March 23, 2020
- All event types are now available both for in-person and virtual events.Previously, only a subset of event types were available during “virtual” event creation. We’ll be adding new event types in the coming weeks. If you have VAN configured, make sure to create a mapping in VAN Settings for any event types you want to be available during your event creation!
- Virtual events will now appear with "Virtual" prepended to their event type wherever this is displayed, for example “Virtual Phonebank” or “Virtual Training”. Virtual events of type "Other" will be displayed as "Virtual Event".
Friday, March 20, 2020
- The label “Join from anywhere” will now be displayed more prominently for virtual events in your feed and on event detail pages, to increase clarity for supporters searching for virtual opportunities.
- Event signup pages now display virtual event details more clearly and emphasize that an event is virtual by showing “Virtual Event” in place of the location.