As the world becomes increasingly remote, Mobilize is pioneering virtual organizing efforts so our partners, like you, can continue changing the world.
- Step 1: In your dashboard, select New Event then select 'Scheduled virtual event'.
- Step 2: Set Visibility to 'Public' if you'd like your event to appear on your organization's feed as well as Mobilize's feed.
- Step 2b: Set Visibility to 'Private' to make the event accessible to only those with the direct link to it.
- Step 3: Write an Event description of your event! You can use Markdown to format.
- Step 4: Add instructions for "How to prepare"
This section is sent to supporters in their confirmation email and is perfect for anything that you want to send to registered attendees only, including the following:
- Instructions or training materials that a supporter needs before they arrive at an event;
- A link to register for an additional platform they’ll need to take part in the activity and links to OpenVPB, ThruTalk, or Hustle lists; or
- Software/hardware requirements.
Here's where the section lives in the edit page and where volunteers will see it in email.
- Step 5: Enable post-signup actions. After supporters sign up for this event, Mobilize can ask them to Bring a friend and/or Make a donation. For more information, learn how to configure your donation links.
- Step 6: Choose whether or not you want Mobilize to send your volunteers a survey after your event.
- Step 7: Even though all events are virtual right now, setting a Location can help supporters local to you find your event!
- Step 8: Select your timezone, then click Add Times.
- Step 8a: Select Frequency of your event (once, daily, weekly, or monthly) and enter in the first possible shift date, last possible shift date, and times. Optional: set Max capacity for each shift.
- Step 8b: Add video call information
Note: see this article for more on how to use our Zoom integration
Use the "Link to join" field for the link your supporters should follow to join the event. Examples include: a Zoom meeting or webinar link; a Google Meet meeting link; or a livestream URL.
Use the "Other joining instructions" field for other information that a supporter might need to join the call, for example: alternative dial-in instructions or guidance on which devices are supported.
Tip: If you have different video conference details for each shift time, you can add video conference details to individual shifts after they are created.
- Step 8c: Click Add times + to create your shifts
- Step 10: Click Submit!
Attendees will receive a confirmation email with a link to the video conference. If the video conference is changed, the link in the confirmation email will take them to the new link.
Let us know if you have further questions at [email protected]!
Keywords: events, recurring, many shifts, multiple shifts in an event