Co-ownership allows organizations to edit and manage another organization’s events as if it were the owner. Co-owned events will show up on the co-owners' event feeds, and the co-owners will have full visibility into the event’s data.
Each co-ownership has a “source” dashboard and a “destination” dashboard, and can be set up to either include all events or only a given state’s or affiliate’s events, as follows:
1. All events from one dashboard can be co-owned with another dashboard.
An example of this is where all events in the LCV Pennsylvania GreenRoots dashboard needs to be shared with the LCV GreenRoots national organization dashboard.
2. Events only in a given affiliate in one dashboard can be co-owned with another dashboard.
An example of this is where all the events created in a LCV GreenRoots national organization dashboard are shared in the LCV Pennsylvania GreenRoots dashboard.
Multiple co-ownerships can exist between two dashboards so that all events can be shared in one direction (e.g. from a child to a parent), while only a subset of events are shared in the opposite direction (e.g. from a parent to a child).
A dashboard may also have multiple co-ownerships where events need to be shared with multiple dashboards (as in a national organization that needs to share data with multiple state affiliates).
Integrations and Data
Co-owned events show up in integrations and data surfaces and include all data as if they were the owning org (promoted hides some data, e.g. event campaign, event owner). All signups to co-owned events show up in integrations and data surfaces regardless of whether the co-owning org is the signup driving org or not (same visibility as event owning org).
- VAN/ActionKit: Co-owned events sync to VAN/ActionKit immediately on co-ownership/event creation. Signups to co-owned events sync at the time of signup, and signup statuses are kept up to date.
- VAN → Mobilize signup status sync: Signup statuses are read from both event owning org’s VAN and co-owning org’s VAN so a change made in either one will be reflected in Mobilize and then synced back to all VANs (owning, co-owning, promoting).
Caveat: If status changes are made to the same signup in both the owning org’s VAN and the co-owning org’s VAN we don’t guarantee which one takes priority. If this becomes important, we can address it.
- Blue State Digital (BSD): Co-owned events are included in BSD exports.
- Public API: Co-owned events are included in the org-scoped events endpoint. Signups to co-owned events are included in the org-scoped attendances endpoint.
- CSV Exports: Co-owned events are included in event exports. Signups to co-owned events are included in shift exports.
- SQL Mirror: Co-owned events are included in the events table. Timeslots for co-owned events are included in the Timeslots table. Signups to co-owned events are included in the Participations table.
Are you ready to start some co-ownerships? Or not quite sure if this feature is right for your organization? Reach out to your Customer Success Managers or email Mobilize Support!
keywords: co-ownership, coownership