Mobilize’s event campaign feature gives organizations the ability to customize and set parameters for volunteers and staff members to create their own events.
Creating an event campaign is easy!
- Set your form’s title. Choose a name that indicates urgency and explains what the event creator is accomplishing.
- Set the form slug. This is the URL that event creators will access.
- Add a form description, using Markdown to format the text.
- Choose who can access the event campaign. Event campaigns are used by organizations for volunteer hosts to submit events and for organizations that are interested in templatizing their events.
- Choose who can approve events from the event campaign. Read more about event approval in our Approving Volunteer Events article.
- Enter an email address associated with your organization. As a best practice, this email should go to an alias like [email protected]<your organization>.com, and this inbox should be closely monitored.
- Set your event instructions. After an event is approved, support your hosts by including instructions, resources, or other items by including it in the automated email Mobilize sends post-approval.
- Select one or more event types for your event campaign. All event types selected here will be available to your hosts when they create their event.
- Set a default event title. If you’re hoping for all events to use a certain naming convention, set a guideline here. We like using brackets so hosts know exactly where they should enter their information!
- Set a default event description. If you’re hoping to strike a certain tone with your events, setting a description is a great way to do it!
- Upload your event images. These rotate randomly and allow your organization to control which images are approved for your events.
- Choose if your event will have date and time restrictions.
- Opt to allow your hosts to create recurring events, or not! We suggest excluding this option if you are hosting a one time event, like a watch party.
- Event campaigns can be customized on social media just like your feed. Read our guide on social sharing here.
We’re so excited to see how our partners use this ability!
As always, send any questions to [email protected]!
Pre-filling your Host an Event form
Use URL Params to pre-fill your Host an Event form with host information or a personalized event description when linking to your Host an Event form in host recruitment campaigns.
Available URL parameters to use are:
Any questions? Reach out to [email protected]